FAY J. LINDNER FOUNDATION SENIOR SERVICES CENTER – ADULT DAY PROGRAMS
Has someone in your life been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, or another degenerative illness? Sid Jacobson JCC is a national leader in providing care for those suffering from these chronic illnesses. We specialize in early stage and social adult day programs for seniors who are 60+ that are frail and memory impaired. In addition, we offer programs for those in their 30s, 40s, and 50s with Young Onset Dementia including Frontal Temporal Lobe Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
All programs require an assessment to ensure proper placement. Caregivers are provided with respite and education. These programs are made possible with funds from Nassau County Office for the Aging through the New York State Office for the Aging and the US Administration on Aging. Partial funding for these programs is provided by funds raised from the Friendship Circle Luncheon and the Yellow Rose Society in addition to private donations.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Our professional highly-acclaimed program provides customized activities for all ages and most stages of neurodegenerative conditions.
- Transportation is arranged for Nassau County residents through Able Ride and Town of North Hempstead residents through Project Independence
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Art, music, and pet therapies
- Home visits
- Hot kosher lunch
- MLTC contracts accepted
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN OUR PROGRAMS
- Offers the opportunity to make new friends and reinforces a sense of belonging
- Improves mood, confidence and self-esteem in a supportive and encouraging environment
- Establishes routine and structure to ease frustration, while reducing confusion and agitation
- Incorporates activity which promotes both physical and mental wellness
- Encourages peer interaction, including ways to communicate
- Stimulates creativity in a self-gratifying and productive manner that explores emotions
CARE PARTNER BENEFITS
- Reduces caregiver fatigue and burnout
- Provides emotional support and an opportunity to learn about community resources
- Develop relationships with others who are experiencing similar situations and hear solutions to common challenges