Lifeguard TrainingFebruary 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
- This event has passed.
February 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Ages: 15+ years
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies, and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel arrive. Those who successfully complete the course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. The certification is valid for two years, but lifeguards must renew their CPR/ AED certifications every year.
Must attend all classes within session. All applicants must pass a pre-test to be eligible.
$400 members / $500 nonmembers (Includes non-refundable $75 registration fee. Also includes failure of pre-test, cancellation, or no show.)
- Sunday, February 16, 10am-12pm (pre-test at LIU Post, Pratt Recreation Center)
- Wednesday, February 19, 10am-4:30pm (at SJJCC)
- Thursday, February 20, 10am-6pm (at SJJCC)
- Friday, February 21, 10am-5:30pm (deep water training at LIU Post, Pratt Recreation Center from 10am-2pm)
- Saturday, February 22, 3:30-6:30pm (final test at SJJCC)