If you are experiencing an emergency and need to reach us urgently, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay informed with a list of resources and tips about COVID-19.
WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
We all need help and support when facing life’s challenges. Our team, of licensed social workers, is here to help and empower you during these times. Whether you are mourning the loss of a loved one, taking on the role of caregiver, battling cancer or facing another challenge, our professional staff is here for you.
- Amanda Burns, LMSW, Special Needs Social Worker, email@example.com
- Laura Carrano, LMSW, Special Needs Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gili Dvash, LMSW, Israel Community Social Worker, email@example.com
- Leslie Gramma-Shapiro, LMSW , Individual/Family Counseling, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Herbert, LCSW, Geriatric Social Worker, email@example.com
- Randy Hight, LCSW, Cancer Wellness Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie Wasserman, LCSW, Geriatric, Special Needs Social Worker, email@example.com
- Joe Wasserman, LMSW, Geriatric Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 LOSS SUPPORT
If you have experienced a loss due to the pandemic, please call 516.484.1545 ext. 196 and leave a brief message. A licensed social worker will get back to you as soon as possible to provide you with needed care. Please note that the callback will be received from a blocked number.
- We offer Individual/Family counseling to those who are struggling with pandemic related grief and trauma.
Additionally, if you are seeking group support, we are launching two new groups:
- Loss due to COVID-19: Support for those who have lost a loved one
- Relationship Challenges During the Time of COVID-19: Support for those who are struggling with relationships, heightened by sheltering in place.
Career>Connect is now providing services remotely. To schedule a phone appointment with our Career Services Specialist, Heather Rottmund, MHA, CPRW email Heather at email@example.com.
New York State is waiving the seven day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines. Promptly file your claim, in the first week that you lose your job. For more information and to file an unemployment claim, click here.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
For additional employment resources and support, please contact your local New York State Department of Labor location. To find your local location, click here.
Career>Connect partners with New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) to provide free financial counseling from a Certified Financial Counselor. If you would like to schedule a phone call with NYLAG, contact Heather Rottmund, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access a pre-recorded webinar with resources and information regarding the coronavirus and it’s impact on personal finances, click here.
- To access a pre-recorded webinar, Financial Advice: New York State Unemployment Insurance and Federal Benefits During the Covid-19 Emergency, click here.
COVID ALERT NY
COVID Alert NY is the official New York Exposure Notiﬁcation System app. This free smartphone app is available n the Google Play Store and Apple App Store for anyone 18+ who lives or works in New York.
The COVID Alert NY app alerts users if they have come into close contact — within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes — with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, even before the app user may experience symptoms. Knowing about a potential exposure allows you to self-quarantine immediately, get tested, and reduce the potential exposure risk to your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and others.
COVID RENT RELIEF PROGRAM
The COVID Rent Relief Program will provide eligible households with a one-time rental subsidy that will be sent directly to the household’s landlord. Applicants will not need to repay this assistance. The Covid Rent Relief Program is not first come, first served. Applications will be accepted throughout the two-week application period. Homes and
Community Renewal (HCR) will prioritize eligible households with “greatest economic and social need” accounting for income, rent burden, percent of income lost and risk of homelessness.
The rental assistance payment will cover the difference between the household’s rent burden on March 1, 2020 and the increase in rent burden for the months the households is applying for assistance. Households can apply for up to four months in rental assistance.
Eligible households must meet the following criteria:
- Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, household income must have been below 80% of the area median income, adjusted for household size. You can find your county’s area median income, based on your household size at hcr.ny.gov/eligible-income-limits-80-ami-county
- Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, the household must have been paying more than 30% of gross monthly income towards rent. Gross income includes wages as well as any cash grants, child support, social security, unemployment benefits, etc.)
To apply, visit hcr.ny.gov/RRP
If you are in a dangerous domestic situation, New York State will help you find safe shelter. If you need help, you can call the State’s Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.942.6906, or text 844.997.2121.
EMERGENCY FUNDING + LOANS
- Hebrew Free Loan Society Provides Interest-Free Loans to support individuals with financial challenges caused by the Coronavirus outbreak. For more information, click here.
- Asset Enhancement Solutions, LLC
Independent Contractors can prepare their PPP application online while a CPA guides them step-by-step so they are able to press the send button and submit their application. For more information, click here.
METRO PHYSICAL THERAPY
Metro PT is currently providing physical therapy services through virtual-rehab and home visits. In-person appointments are still available as well. For more information, please contact their Homecare concierge line, 516.321.9762.
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF NASSAU COUNTY
The Mental Health Association of Nassau County Phonelink is available 24/7 at 516.489.0100 ext. 1.
NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF MENTAL HEALTH
For the Mental Health Hotline, call 1.844.863.9314.
NEW YORK STATE COVID-19 EMOTIONAL SUPPORT HELPLINE
For emotional support, the helpline is available 7 days a week from 8am-10pm at 1.844.863.9314.
NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE
For help regarding domestic violence, call the hotline at 1.800.799.7233.
- For stress and coping help, you can call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1.800.985.5990.
- For the CDC’s stress and coping resources, click here.
- The Institute for Jewish Spirituality is offering opportunities for anyone who is looking for some moments of calm, centeredness, and clarity. You can find more information here.