Sid Jacobson JCC prides itself on the assistance our community provides to our partner agencies throughout the year. Together, we are able to assist those who are in need right in our backyards through our monthly donation drives. Our donation bin is located by the exit door of the JCC, just waiting for your contribution. Drop off your donation today!
Donations for our monthly drives will be collected during Curb Your Mitzvah, our contact-free donation drive. For more information on Curb Your Mitzvah, including monthly drop-off dates, click here.
New or gently used books for babies to young adults
Winter coats to benefit Neighbors Helping Neighbors
New toys to benefit local shelters
Below is a list, in formation, of organizations in your local community that are in need.
May pick-up clothing and small items from your home
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, 631.234.0000 ext. 1
- Chesed Center, 347.837.8256, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lupus Foundation, 1.888.445.8787
- Salvation Army, 1.800.SATRUCK or bit.ly/1QOjrTu
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Long Island, 516.822.3132
- The Beautiful Memories Gemach/Clothing Pantry at Young Israel of New Hyde Park
For donations of dress clothing for career, worship and special occasions. Hours by appointment only 917.703.4694 or email@example.com
- Vietnam Veterans of America Pick-Up Service, 631.582.0242, 1.800.915.4007 or wepickup.org
FOOD DONATIONS AT SID JACOBSON JCC’S COMMUNITY NEEDS BANK
Our Food Bank is a collection site and distribution center of non-perishable shelf stable food, personal care and household items for small local food pantries in Nassau County. Sid Jacobson JCC’s Food Bank will be managed by community volunteers and serve as a vocational site for interns with special needs. For a list of items we accept, click here to view out Wish List.
Leading SJJCC’s mission to positively impact the world is Susan Berman, Director of Community Engagement. Susan received a master’s degree from Touro College and is an experienced community organizer with…read more