We are seeking a talented on-call/per diem Swim Instructor to join us. If you are exceptional at your craft and are ready to share your passion for water with adults and children of all ages and abilities, we invite you to join our team. What does it mean to be part of the Life Time Swim Family? We offer club discounts, fully subsidized Signature membership, and investment into the aquatics team members!
As an Aquatics Swim Instructor, you will work in a fast-paced environment. You will help both adults and children improve their swimming. You will teach life skills to our youngest members and evaluate their swimming ability to establish the correct swim level. You will help to maintain the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities. This position is in Nassau County (East Hills), Long Island.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Instruct group and private swim lessons
- Deliver fun swim program to members
- Supervise all children in swim lessons
- Adapt teaching approaches to the age, experience, and ability of participants so they can meet course objectives
- Assist other Aquatics team members with group lessons, camp lessons, and private swim lessons
- Attentiveness to visual and audible cues for recognition and identification of swimmers in distress or in process of unsafe behaviors
- Provide motivation, encouragement, and positive energy to each student in each lesson
- Provide a safe, organized, and clean pool area
- Gather all necessary items before lessons and clean them up afterwards
- Lock up all swim lesson equipment after every lesson
- Proactive with informing supervisor of any issues, suspicious or inappropriate behaviors
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members
- Respond to questions, comments, and concerns in an efficient and positive way
- Promote and sell programs & services and assist members with registering.
- Treat all children, members, guests, coworkers, lifeguards, etc. respectfully
- Arrive punctually for all lessons.
- Delegate, multi-task, and assist the Aquatics Director in planning swimming activities
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Weekend availability is a must
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a degree
- Swim lesson instruction or coaching experience
- American Red Cross CPR/AED
- Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred