Special Needs Program Assistant and Driver
Sid Jacobson JCC is seeking a Full-Time Special Needs Program Assistant and Driver candidate who is kind-hearted, caring, patient, and possesses strong interpersonal skills, which include the ability to effectively relate and communicate with our program participants. He/She/They will be an active participant in our vocational and social programs.
This position is in Nassau County (East Hills), Long Island.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures safety of program participants while at program sites and while transporting.
- Facilitates vocational training, social and recreational activities for participants on a daily basis.
- Reports significant incidents to Supervisor(s) as they occur.
- Prompts participants to interact appropriately with peers and with all persons in program, and at site.
- Appropriately completes all required documentation.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and personally ensure that their attendance is scheduled per deadlines.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Communication skills including strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to speak, read and write effectively.
- Ability to maintain HIPAA confidentiality and exercise discretion when discussing clients.
- Demonstrate detail orientation.
- Exhibit patience, initiative, enthusiasm, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Reliable and team player.
- Able to effectively develop and document behavior management protocols.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.