If you are looking to strengthen your connection to Israel, the JCC is a valuable resource of innovative and educational programs that can help you achieve this.
Experience Israel through some of its most culturally rich aspects such as Israeli coffee, television shows, and conversation.
ISRAEL NOW SERIES
In this series, we will talk and discuss about cultural and political trends in Israel, and what are their meaning and impact led by Tomer Gekler, Brooklyn Shaliach.
Tuesdays, May 11, and June 8
For the Zoom link, email email@example.com
BRINGING ISRAEL HOME WITH CHEF MICHAEL SOLOMONOV
In a typical year, Michael Solomonov, the five time James Beard award-winning chef visits Israel twice a year, but the Covid-19 pandemic has curtailed his travels. To keep up with his Israeli friends, Solomonov is inviting viewers into his home as he catches up with friends, cooks and hosts a live Q&A in this new digital series. For the recipes and ingredients to cook alongside Solomonov, click here.
Click here to watch
FROM ISRAEL TO LONG ISLAND
Masa Israel Journey and The Jewish Agency For Israel in partnership with Sid Jacobson JCC and UJA-Federation of New York, are looking for Masa alumni to bring Israel back to their communities in this exclusive Long Island program.
We are looking for alumni who:
- Participated in a program within the past three years
- Were part of a youth group, youth movement, or have been a counselor at a summer camp
- Have experience working with a range of age groups
- Have availability to work 2-4 hours a week
- Have a driver’s license and a car
- Are able to participate in a three-day training program this summer/early fall
- Are able to participate in meetings twice a month to process, hare feedback, and build the programs (meetings will either be held virtually or in-person)
You will receive generous compensation along with a variety of professional development opportunities. If you are interested in applying for this program or would like more information, email LiranH@masaisrael.org.
FRONTIER ISRAEL: GAP SEMESTER PROGRAM FOR INCOMING COLLEGE FRESHMAN AND RISING SOPHOMORES
Unsure whether in-person classes will resume this fall? AMHSI-JNF is excited to announce the launch of its inaugural gap semester program, Frontier Israel. Created for rising freshmen and sophomores, this program is designed to provide a real life, modern day pioneering experience. The program will be comprised of two components, Frontiers and Seminars. For more information and to apply, click here.