At the heart of Sid Jacobson JCC are our volunteers. Community members of all ages can volunteer time and skills to give back. We are proud of the12,000 hours of service performed by our volunteers in 2019!
Interested in volunteering? Fill out our application!
SEPTEMBER 11 DAY AT HOME – A NATIONWIDE DAY OF VIRTUAL VOLUNTEERING
Never forget what we’re able to do together! Her are SJJCC’s Center for Community Engagement’s top 11 good deeds you can partake in.
- Check out our Community Needs Bank wishlist and shop to help us stock our shelves during a special Curb Your Mitzvah on Sunday, September 13. For more information, click here.
- Pickup 9/11 You’re a Lifesaver kit for donation to a first responder
- Create a Covid bag for a person in need
- Check-in with a senior and wish them a Shana Tova – Happy Rosh Hashanah
- Join our Craft for a Cause groups and knit orcrochet an 8 inch square to help us create lap blankets for St. Francis Infusion Center
- Solidify your voting plan. Can’t get to the polls? Request an absentee ballot.
- Sign up to be on our volunteer Driving Team to deliver food and supplies
- Donate plasma or give blood at our blood drive on Tuesday, September 8. For more information, click here.
- Save the date for our Stronger than Cancer 5k on Sunday, October 18. For more information, click here.
- Add your kindness rock to our Tikkun Olam Rock Garden
Want to get involved? For more information, contact Susan Berman, email@example.com. For other good deeds for September 11, visit 911day.org and share your good deeds by using #911day.
CRAFT FOR A CAUSE: KNITTING
Community members are welcome to help knit and crochet 8 inch squares. Every square will be used to make lap blankets for individuals starting chemotherapy treatment at St. Francis Hospital. Instruction is available. Donations of yarn and knitting/crocheting supplies are always accepted.
CRAFT FOR A CAUSE: SEWING
Sew whimsical pillowcases for children who are hospitalized to give them an emotional boost. Instruction is available. An Andrea and Robert Fortunoff Art for Community Project.
VOLUNTEER DRIVING PROGRAM
Assists seniors who are unable to drive by providing them with a ride to and from SJJCC.
THE LINDA MARSDEN FRIENDLY VISITING PROGRAM
Connects isolated seniors and volunteers to form mutually rewarding relationships. Weekly visits often include a cup of coffee, a game of cards, talk about daily news, exchange of stories, and more.
Call a homebound senior and brighten their day with friendly conversation.
VIRTUAL SENIOR CENTER
Help decrease social isolation for seniors in the community by facilitating a class using Google chat technology. Classes can be led from the JCC or your home/office.
Love the theatre but prefer to work behind the scenes? Volunteer positions are available for adults and teens.
Volunteer to work with children, teens and adults in our after-school programs or as a job coach in the JCC’s Vocational Training and Employment Center (VTEC).
Lead workshops on topics such as resume writing, career development and skill-building.