The Hub at Sid Jacobson JCC
THE HUB AT SID JACOBSON JCC
The Covid Relief Hub at Sid Jacobson JCC, created in partnership with UJA-Federation of NY, is a one-stop-shop that provides help and support needed in a confidential and easy to access environment. Whether you were furloughed or laid off or feeling anxious, depressed, and scared about tomorrow, we are here for you through this difficult time.
- Case Management
- Our caseworkers coordinate, one-on-one, all of the resources our SJJCC makes available to meet an individual’s unique needs ensuring you receive all the help you require
- Mental Health and Wellness Support
- Workshops are available to help manage the day-to-day stresses as well as on-going struggles. Our caseworkers, where appropriate, will refer to specialized therapies offered by our on-site partner, Central Nassau
- Financial and Legal Assistance
- Our on-site partner NY Legal Assistance Group is providing critical financial and legal counseling
- Career Services
- Join our weekly job search workshops or meet individually with our Career Services Specialist for assistance with career planning, résumé writing, interviewing, networking, and more. To register for upcoming workshops, click here.
- Our counselors will guide you through the often complicated available benefits including health insurance, disability coverage, SNAP, housing, and social security
- Food Insecurity Assistance
- We assist with buying groceries in a dignified setting
If you would like to make an appointment to learn about our services and to see how SJJCC can help, please contact Jill Rakusin, LMSW, Intake Coordinator + Case Manager, 516.484.1545 ext. 171.
Heather M. Rottmund, MHA, CPRW is a Career Services Specialist and Certified Professional Résumé Writer who enjoys helping individuals identify and land their dream jobs. Through Career>Connect Long Island, Heather…read more