Safety + Cleaning Measures
SAFETY + CLEANING MEASURES
As we continue to take steps towards welcoming more members back into our facility, we are continuously reviewing and enhancing our cleaning measures, ensuring the safest experience for all. Here are some of the updates currently in place:
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization products have been installed in our HVAC systems to purify the air by eliminating airborne particulates, odors, and pathogens. This technology uses an electric charge to create a plasma field filled with a high concentration of ions that have been tested to effectively kill the COVID-19 virus as well as many other pathogens, creating clean air for all of us to breathe. For more information, click here.
- MERV 13 filters have also been installed in our HVAC systems. MERV, otherwise known as Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value, is a system used to evaluate the efficiency of an air filter based on how effective it is at catching particles of varying sizes. MERV ratings are determined by a filter’s effectiveness at filtering particles of different sizes. Each filter goes through six tests per particle size (72 tests total) to determine its MERV rating.
- Handheld electrostatic cleaning machines that disinfect all surfaces throughout the interior and exterior of the JCC
- Seven-day-a-week meticulous cleaning schedule
- CDC and Department of Health approved cleaning supplies and sanitizers only
- Expanded maintenance staff including a dedicated team for the Health + Wellness area
- Sanitization of every indoor and outdoor space, and all high-touch surfaces throughout the day including:
- Door handles
- Elevator buttons
- Staircase railings
- Employee desks
- Conference room tables, chairs, and telephones
- Bathroom stalls and sink faucets
- Surfaces under the tents
- Hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
Additional questions? Visit our FAQs.