Sid Jacobson JCC’s phased re-opening began Monday, July 13. To date, we have successfully implemented 3 steps:
Step 1: July 13: The opening of our Kroll Family Aquatics Center
Step 2: July 27: Outdoor Programming
Step 3: August 24: The opening of our Health + Wellness Center including cardio room, conditioning room, and personal training, Early Childhood, afterschool, PWW
Re-opening is dependent on Long Island’s ability to meet the requirements set by New York State and our ability to ensure all new measures are in place.
- Our facility is open only to those with active memberships and reservations
- No one under the age of 13 years is permitted to make reservations for our Health + Wellness Center
- Please note a JFit is required for access to the Cardio and Conditioning Rooms for 13-15 year olds. To schedule your JFit session, contact Bill Leonello, email@example.com.
- Our hours and capacity are limited
- Our hours are as follows until further notice:
- Monday-Thursday: 6am-9pm
- Friday: 6am-5:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am-2pm
- Our hours are as follows until further notice:
The areas of our facility that are currently open and available by registration are as follows. Additional areas will reopen in future Steps.
- Lap Pool for up to 6 members per hour
- Cardio Room for up to 15 members per hour
- Conditioning Room for up to 24 members per hour
- EarlyBird Capital Gymnasium for up to 6 members per hour
- Indoor Track for up to 4 members per hour
- Outdoor Group Exercise Classes for up to 14 participants per class
- Locker rooms, showers, sauna, steam room, hot tub, and the kiddie pool are not available. Deck showers along the pool are available to swimmers
In order to utilize any part of our Health + Wellness Center, members must reserve their day, time, and equipment 48 hours in advance via our new online reservation system. For step by step instructions, please click here.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your reservation
- Members can make appointments 48 hours in advance and reserve a maximum of three spots per day
- 2 hours advance notice is required for cancellations. Advance registration privileges will be revoked at SJJCC’s discretion
What will I be required to bring?
- A mask
- A towel. Our towel service has been temporarily suspended
- A filled water bottle. Our water machines will be temporarily disabled
- Outside shoes will not be permitted on pool deck, cardio room, or conditioning room. To maintain cleanliness, indoor footwear will be required prior to starting your workout
- All personal belongings should be left at home or in your car; lockers, storage cubbies, and coat racks to store your items are not available during Step 1. SJJCC is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Bring your own equipment, including mats, flippers, and kickboards
If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
What are you doing to ensure the health and safety of your members?
Please click here for details on our safety and cleaning measures.
What other precautions are you taking?
- Masks must be worn starting in the parking lot, prior to entering the walkway and must remain on at all times, including while walking around the Health + Wellness Center. Masks are not required while swimming (optional if walking in the lap pool)
- Your member ID is required for building entry. Swiping your member ID serves as confirmation of your current state of health. For a list of acknowledgements, click here
- Temperature readings are mandatory. Upon entry, all members will walk through a temperature reading Thermal Camera. Anyone with a temperature reading of 100.4 F or higher will be asked to take a contact-less forehead temperature reading. If the forehead temperature reading is of 100.4 F or higher, you will be asked to leave the building immediately
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from anyone outside of your household. This will be marked throughout the walkways and hallways
- We have created a one-way and two-way traffic flow system. Please keep to the directions outlined
- We will have SJJCC ambassadors stationed throughout the building to help ease you into our new guidelines
- Doors where appropriate, will remain open
- Elevators are limited to one person per ride, unless riding with others in your household
- Shared areas and items will be off limits, including locker rooms, showers, seating areas, coat hooks, water dispensers, and more
- Everyone must wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use provided hand sanitizer before and after they workout
- We have installed Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization products in our HVAC systems to purify the air by eliminating airborne particulates, odors, and pathogens
WHAT IS NOT AVAILABLE DURING PHASE ONE?
How will I know what parts of the building I can use and what is off-limits?
Signs are displayed throughout the building indicating what is open to members, what is restricted, and what is temporarily closed. Please ask our staff for clarification on any questions or concerns you have.
What amenities are not available?
- Valet parking
- Locker rooms, including showers, changing rooms, and steam room. Single stall restrooms within the locker rooms will remain open
- In-person group exercise classes
- Hot tub
- Kiddie pool
- Towel service
- Gezunter Café
- Phone charging stations
- Water dispensers
- Indoor treehouse
- Outdoor playground
- Seating areas
- Guest or day passes will not be honored; only SJJCC members are permitted access to the building at this time
STAY IN TOUCH
What is the best way to receive updates on future program openings and other important information?
Sign up for our emails and like us on Facebook to stay up to date on all of our in-person and virtual programming available to members. We also encourage you to join our Health + Wellness Facebook Group.
I have suggestions based on my recent visit. How can I submit feedback?
We are here to listen and learn, and want to hear from you! Call us at 516.484.1545 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I still be able to access virtual programming?
Yes! We will continue to host virtual programming from group exercise classes to cancer wellness support groups to senior discussions, special needs activities, and more any time of day… every day!