If you are experiencing an emergency and need to reach us urgently, please email email@example.com.
Stay informed with a list of resources and tips about Covid-19.
WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
During this difficult and unprecedented time, you or a family member may be experiencing fear, anxiety, loneliness, or depression. You don’t have to face this alone – our licensed social workers are here for you.
Each of our social workers are specialized, as noted below next to their name. Contact the professional whose expertise most closely reflects your needs either directly via email, or leave a message at 516.484.1545 ext. 196 and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Please note that the callback will be received from a blocked number. If your concern is urgent, please call 911 or refer to one of the hotlines listed below in the Health Services section.
- Amanda Burns, LMSW, Special Needs Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Carrano, LMSW, Special Needs Social Worker, email@example.com
- Gili Dvash, LMSW, Israel Community Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Gelber, LCSW, Individual/Family Counseling, email@example.com
- Leslie Gramma-Shapiro, LMSW , Individual/Family Counseling, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Herbert, LCSW, Geriatric Social Worker, email@example.com
- Randy Hight, LCSW, Cancer Wellness Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Laser, LCSW, Individual/Family Counseling, email@example.com
- Cindy Leinwand, LCSW,CASAC, Addiction Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie Wasserman, LCSW, Geriatric, Special Needs Social Worker, email@example.com
- Joe Wasserman, LMSW, Geriatric Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 LOSS SUPPORT
If you have experienced a loss due to the pandemic, please call 516.484.1545 ext. 196 and leave a brief message. A licensed social worker will get back to you as soon as possible to provide you with needed care. Please note that the callback will be received from a blocked number.
- We offer Individual/Family counseling to those who are struggling with pandemic related grief and trauma.
Additionally, if you are seeking group support, we are launching two new groups:
- Loss due to COVID-19: Support for those who have lost a loved one
- Relationship Challenges During the Time of COVID-19: Support for those who are struggling with relationships, heightened by sheltering in place.
Have substance abuse struggles, for you or a loved one, become more challenging during these uncertain times due to the COVID-19 pandemic? To gain support and obtain invaluable resources contact Cindy Leinwand, LCSW, CSAC, ACT Program Social Worker, 516.484.1545 ext. 211, email@example.com.
If you have any parenting questions from infancy to college plus, or a desire for a virtual discussion, or individual phone call, contact Jodi Adler, Director of Parent Engagement + Education, 516.399.2159, firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us keep our fingers on the pulse of parenting concerns if they come in and plan accordingly.
Career>Connect is now providing services remotely. To schedule a phone appointment with our Career Services Specialist, Heather Rottmund, MHA, CPRW email Heather at email@example.com.
New York State is waiving the seven day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines. Promptly file your claim, in the first week that you lose your job. For more information and to file an unemployment claim, click here.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
For additional employment resources and support, please contact your local New York State Department of Labor location. To find your local location, click here.
Career>Connect partners with New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) to provide free financial counseling from a Certified Financial Counselor. If you would like to schedule a phone call with NYLAG, contact Heather Rottmund, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access a pre-recorded webinar with resources and information regarding the coronavirus and it’s impact on personal finances, click here.
- To access a pre-recorded webinar, Financial Advice: New York State Unemployment Insurance and Federal Benefits During the Covid-19 Emergency, click here.
EMERGENCY FUNDING + LOANS
- New York Times Neediest Cases at The Marion & Aaron Gural JCC
One time emergency funding. For more information, contact Lisa Barnett, 516.569.6733, email@example.com
- Hatzilu at Mid-Island Y JCC
One time emergency funding. For more information, contact Sara Shapiro, 516.822.3535 ext.335, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hebrew Free Loan Society Provides Interest-Free Loans to support individuals with financial challenges caused by the Coronavirus outbreak. For more information, click here.
- Asset Enhancement Solutions, LLC
Independent Contractors can prepare their PPP application online while a CPA guides them step-by-step so they are able to press the send button and submit their application. For more information, click here.
METRO PHYSICAL THERAPY
Metro PT is currently providing physical therapy services through virtual-rehab and home visits. In-person appointments are still available as well. For more information, please contact their Homecare concierge line, 516.321.9762.
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF NASSAU COUNTY
The Mental Health Association of Nassau County Phonelink is available 24/7 at 516.489.0100 ext. 1.
NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF MENTAL HEALTH
For the Mental Health Hotline, call 1.844.863.9314.
NEW YORK STATE COVID-19 EMOTIONAL SUPPORT HELPLINE
For emotional support, the helpline is available 7 days a week from 8am-10pm at 1.844.863.9314.
NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN 24-HOUR HOTLINE
New York Presbyterian has a 24-hour hotline for those with concerns about COVID-19. The number for this hotline is 646.697.4000. When you call the number there is a short recorded message, after which the caller is connected to an NYP a Physician Assistant. The hotline’s purpose is not to diagnose or treat the caller, but rather to provide a reliable and trusted source of information to the public, and to help people avoid unnecessary trips to the Emergency Room.
To speak with a physician, NYP encourages you to consider a virtual visit with one of their physicians using the NYPOnDemand platform — this is an app available in the app store. More information on NYP OnDemand and virtual visits can be found at nyp.org/ondemand.
NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE
For help regarding domestic violence, call the hotline at 1.800.799.7233.
- For stress and coping help, you can call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1.800.985.5990.
- For the CDC’s stress and coping resources, click here.
- The Institute for Jewish Spirituality is offering opportunities for anyone who is looking for some moments of calm, centeredness, and clarity. You can find more information here.
GET INVOLVED: SEEKING QUALIFIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
New York State is doing all it can to keep New Yorkers safe and stop the spread of Covid-19. The state is taking measures to create a reserve workforce and is seeking qualified health professionals that include individuals work in the following areas:
- Health, Mental Health, and Related Professionals
- School of Public Health, School of Medicine, or School of Nursing Administrators
For more information on how you can help, click here.
EAT. BID. LAUGH. EPICUREAN VENDORS
Help support our Eat. Bid. Laugh! Epicurean vendors who are open for delivery and curbside pick up.
- 388 Restaurant & Lounge (curbside or delivery through doordash)
7 days a week, 1–9pm
Join in on the #388Challenge in support of local hospitals where the highest pledge wins the spot to buzz Matty’s head!
- Center Cuts (pickup or delivery with 3 days notice)
7 days a week
Delivery fees apply
- Centro Cucina (curbside)
7 days a week, 2–8pm
- Cipollini Trattoria & Bar (takeout)
7 days a week, 4- 8pm
- Toku Modern Asian (takeout)
Mon-Thurs, 4-8pm and Fri-Sun, 2:30-8pm
- Bryant & Cooper Steakhouse (takeout)
7 days a week, 4:30-8pm
- Bryant & Cooper Butcher Shop & Market (in-store shopping)
7 days a week, 8am-5:30pm
- Gatsby’s Landing (curbside)
7 days a week, 4–8pm
- Kyma (curbside or delivery through doordash)
7 days a week, 4–8pm
- La Ginestra (curbside)
Tues – Sun, 4–8pm
- Pearl East (curbside or delivery)
7 days a week, 12–8:30pm
- Piccola Bussola, Mineola (curbside)
7 days a week, 4–8pm
- Stresa Ristorante (curbside or delivery)
7 days a week, 12–8pm
- Trattoria DiMeo (takeout or delivery)
7 days a week, 4–8pm