Under the direction of the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, and generating various reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and post general ledger entries
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist in year-end audit and quarterly financial reviews
- Prepare reports and track data as scheduled and upon request
- Prepare AR aging report for all departments
- Maintain and reconcile medical and dental invoices
- Build and maintain reports utilizing accounting software and spreadsheets
- Managing fixed asset ledger
- Generate billing to members for various programs.
- Maintain general ledger and prepare monthly AR aging reports
- Investigate and resolved customer inquiries
- Investigate and process refunds for various programs
- Act as backup to department team members regarding various responsibilities (A/R, A/P, etc.).
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytic skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines