Special Needs Department Openings
We are looking for bright, energetic, enthusiastic superstars to join our Special Needs Department to assist and care for children, teens, and adults living with special needs in a fun and nurturing environment! Whether you are looking to add experience or you are a seasoned professional, and are seeking an opportunity to grow your skills in a dynamic and mission-driven workplace, are available to work Monday – Sunday and have the flexibility to work extended hours then there might be a position for you! These open positions are located in Long Island, Nassau County, New York.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be empathetic and caring; provide hands on guidance and support
- Engage in-group activities, vocational coaching and driving a van
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each Individual, both physically and emotionally.
- Set a positive example, be a role-model
- Participate in all training activities that are provided for your skill development
- Communicate with management about our special needs experiences
- Adapt activities, as needed, to allow active participation by our Individuals
- Provide positive reinforcement or other behavioral intervention as needed
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines
- Assist in any other duties assigned with all aspects of the program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maturity, good morale character, and integrity
- Must have a positive attitude and sunny/caring disposition
- Willingness to have fun and encourage community
- Must pass background check
- Must be punctual and professional
- Demonstrate and promote enthusiasm
- Willingness to work with special needs from diverse populations
- Desire to work with special needs and a willingness to learn and grow
- Experience working with special needs
- Experience working in a school, camp, youth program, recreational or related field setting preferred Experience working with children/teens/adults with special needs preferred
We offer excellent benefit packages includes, 403B retirement plan, pension plan (100% contribution made by SJJCC), free membership to our gym/facilities, free parking, and other perks and discounts.