Social Worker – Center for People with Special Needs
Are you passionate about Life Skills Training, teamwork, and making a meaningful contribution? Do you seek to lead a supportive team environment where young adults with developmental disabilities are learning to grow and thrive in society? If you answered yes to these questions, then you are the Social Worker we would like to meet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between the agency/family/care managers/school etc.
- Conduct intakes and assessments to determine appropriate programs and services for children, teens, and young adults with special needs
- Builds rapport and trust with clients and their families while providing case management and assistance.
- Completes required agency and OPWDD paperwork and reports.
- Create and facilitate engaging Life Skills discussion groups.
- Lead the behavioral management for clients and staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Master level Social Worker, Special Educator, Mental Health Counselor, or BCBA
- Minimum 2 years experience working with individuals with Developmental Disabilities, including Autism Spectrum Disorder required
- Experience working with OPWDD, Day Hab, and Respite programs preferred
- Camp Experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Behavior Management experience preferred
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding clients and families (in accordance with HIPAA and State and federal regulations) and submit records to the agency within established deadlines