Social Worker: Adult Special Needs
Are you passionate about Life Skills Training, teamwork, and making a meaningful contribution? Do you seek to lead a supportive team environment where young adults with developmental disabilities are learning to grow and thrive in society? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like to meet you.
This full-time Social Worker: Adult Special Needs role is based in out of East Hills, Long Island.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a liaison between the agency/family/care managers etc.
- Complete comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments; determine appropriate programs and services for young adults 21+ with special needs
- Builds rapport and trust with clients and their families while providing case management and assistance.
- Maintain up to date case records and all required documentation as defined by agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in bi-annual client Life Plan meetings
- Create and facilitate engaging Life Skills discussion groups.
- Lead the behavioral management for clients and staff; conduct behavioral and crisis intervention as needed.
- Assist with the coordination, training, and support to staff and clients.
- Address program issues with VLSTC Director, pertaining to strategic objectives and delivery of services
- MSW Degree in Social Work, LMSW required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with individuals with Developmental Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder required
- Program development and management experience
- OPWDD, DayHab, Respite and/ Vocational program experience a plus
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and familiarity with electronic medical systems including CHOICES preferred
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding clients and families (in accordance with HIPAA and State & Federal regulations) and submit records to agency within established deadlines