Senior Services Center – Senior Programs Coordinator
Under the direction of the Director of Specialized Services, the Senior Programs Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing recreational, cultural, social, and educational programming for both senior programs and specialized senior services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, market & implement the Passport Programs, Golden Girls and Gezunters, Film Festival, Gems I, Friendly Vising, Senior Transportation, Senior Trips
- Assist in Adult day programs and caregiver support as needed.
- Be aware of current senior community resources and provide as needed.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with community partners and program members.
- Explore grants and donation opportunities and assist in writing proposals.
- Monitor program outcomes, statistics, and expenses.
- Conduct program evaluations.
- Work with various departments within SJJCC.
- Partner with Marketing in creating information for promotional materials such as flyers, program brochures, bi-monthly senior’s newsletter, and Jewish publications.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops as a representative of department and SJJCC.
- Be familiar with senior’s family and contact persons.
- Plan and maintain departmental budget.
- Coordinate room scheduling and maintenance set-ups for programs.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BSW or comparable education.
- Communication skills including strong interpersonal skills with clients, staff and parents, as well as the ability to speak, read and write effectively.
- Exhibit patience, initiative, enthusiasm, resourcefulness and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to staff and work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Experience working collaboratively with seniors, senior’s groups and/or community groups.