Program Coordinator: Nancy Marx Cancer Wellness Center
This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time enthusiastic, dedicated, Program Coordinator in Nassau County, (East Hills), NY (Long Island)! The Program Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Director of Nancy Marx Cancer Wellness Center, He/she/They will be responsible for record keeping using Microsoft Suite and other administrative tasks, fluent with social media platforms, conducting intake interviews, providing case management to members of the center, spearhead and coordinate innovative programs; finding the speakers, work with marketing department to develop and distribute marketing materials, write monthly newsletter,. Develop relationships with other local cancer organizations, medical providers, local businesses to further the connection of NMCWC within the community. This is an entry-level position; our ideal candidate is eager to learn, a team player, personable, able to multi-task and a self-starter.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Organize and track all statistics to be used for reporting purposes using Microsoft Suite.
- Conduct intake interviews with new clients and determine necessary services.
- Under the guidance of the director, provide case management, and referrals to clients who demonstrate the need for assistance.
- In collaboration with the director, promote, plan, and implement programs and events through careful planning and scheduling, material preparation, evaluation/reporting, and professional delivery and presentation.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting marketing presentations, representing the department at local meetings, committees, and community outreach programs to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the cancer wellness center to the community.
- Market programs by way of introductory presentations in person, via telephone and/or email to prospective clients and people inquiring about our programs. Coordinate with marketing team to create materials and strategies for programs.
- Update database reflecting the community resources, doctor’s offices and cancer organizations. Maintains up to date resource registry to be used when assisting clients in need of services within the community.
- Work with team to develop and implement strategies to increase enrollment, program participation, member retention, and average daily attendance with emphasis on serving more survivors and their families.
- Assist with various fundraising events, including: Stronger Than Cancer 5K.al media
- Prepare monthly report of calls and visits made and follow-up information.
- Provide educational materials and connection through social media.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum of BSW or related degree and 0-3 years’ experience
- Ability to work with diverse groups and businesses; ability to speak effectively before groups; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent competencies with technology, spreadsheets, databases, social media platforms, etc.
- Keep current with trends in the cancer community and medical information.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented with the ability to adjust to changing deadlines in a dynamic environment and exhibit the ability to work sensitively and confidentially when dealing with staff and clients.