If you have a passion for fitness and want to help others improve their lives through exercise than you’re a great fit for us and we would love to meet you! Our part-time Personal Trainer contributes to SJJCC’s success by introducing clients to the joys of fitness and maintaining a positive experience for increased member retention.
This role is based out of East Hills, Long Island.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service and help to maintain a positive client experience in the fitness center
- Working 1:1 and in small groups with clients to help them define and meet their fitness and health goals
- Write workout plans for clients to be executed both with and without your supervision
- Provide fitness education and advice to fitness center users
- Work with the personal training team to continue to expand the team’s knowledge and ability to perform
- All administrative duties related to planning workouts, reporting hours, and scheduling training sessions with clients
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills + Abilities Required:
- Possess a National PT certification
- State approved AED/CPR/First Aid certifications required
- Has great energy and a desire to succeed
- Has excellent focus and drive for helping others improve their lives
- Has prior personal training experience, but those new to the field are welcome as well