Director of the Psychological Fitness Center
We have an exciting opportunity for a licensed psychologist to design, develop and oversee the implementation of a newly created Center for Psychological Fitness at the SJJCC. The primary vision of this innovative initiative is to offer preventative mental health programs and services to the broad community that the JCC serves.
The Director of the Psychological Fitness Center in collaboration with other JCC Professionals will be responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and providing all programs and services in the Center. In addition, they must complete monthly financials, prepare annual budgets, maintain analytics, and present to the Board when appropriate.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Design, develop, and implement preventative mental health programs and services (such as mindfulness training, resilience, anger management, parenting skills, etc.) to meet the diverse needs of youths, teens, adults and seniors who are part of the broader JCC community.
- Develop, implement, and/or supervise targeted behavioral health programs and services as well as support groups for identified special needs e.g. Caretaker support groups, LGTBQ teens, single Dads, to meet current and emerging community needs.
- Identify metrics and implement their use as outcome measures to assess the effectiveness of agency-wide services and programs.
- Collaborate with other JCC departments to assess, develop, and implement appropriate programs to foster mental health and wellness, including the needs of JCC staff. (e.g training & supervision)
- Supervise interns, volunteers, case managers, and/or clinical service providers as needed.
- Participate in the development and administration of assigned program budgets; forecast funds need for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Administrative oversight of the Center for Psychological Fitness
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- NYS Licensed PhD, PsyD in Psychology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a school, agency, clinic or community setting
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in working with diverse individuals and groups
- Expertise in program development, eg. behavioral health, and positive psychology/wellness programs
- Experience developing and implementing program evaluation tools and outcome measures
- Ability to provide leadership and work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of best practices and research related to health psychology and primary prevention a plus
- Ability to access community partners, resources, and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook.