The Development Coordinator will support the team in all administrative functions, which may include but are not limited to: events, solicitations and day-to-day database maintenance. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting team members with a focus on the Director of Development and the Special Events Development Associate. This full-time position is in Nassau County, Long Island.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive outlook, who is able to perform independently and as part of a cohesive Development team. This person will interface with fellow JCC staffers and members of lay leadership. The Development Coordinator must be articulate and comfortable with written, phone, and in-person communications.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in a timely manner
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Maintain electronic and paper files as needed
- Coordinate all elements of mailings and other communications
- Assist with meeting administration i.e. preparation of materials, and recording of minutes
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
- Experienced in the Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work items
- Strong attention to detail