Camp Jacobson – Day Camp Aquatics Director (Seasonal)
Camp Jacobson, located in Old Westbury, NY, is a traditional day camp for campers ages 3-13. We are located on a beautiful 15-acre campground on Long Island featuring 3 heated swimming pools, sports fields and tennis court, indoor gym, state-of the-art Kitchen, Adventure and Ninja Warrior Course, Creative Arts program and much more.
We are hiring an Aquatics Director to join our camp family for Summer 2019. Applicant must be a college graduate and 21 years of age or older. Applicant must have previous experience supervising a pool and/or aquatics program.
Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) Certification is required. Current certification in First Aid and CPR is required. Current Water Safety Instruction (WSI) is required. Advanced certifications as required.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Plan and implement a safe and fun aquatics program including lesson plans and evaluation of camper abilities
- Supervise and evaluate all pool staff, including lifeguards and pool supervisors
- Ensure that campers know and follow safety procedures
- Oversee pool supervisors and pool staff in completing progress reports for campers
- Manage and care for pool area equipment daily
- Attend pre-camp staff training and orientation sessions
- Have fun and be enthusiastic!
Camp dates: June 27 – August 22, 2019 (closed July 4 and July 5)
Applicants should be available to work for the full 8-week summer season, 8:30am-4:30pm daily. Camp Jacobson offers competitive salaries for seasonal summer employees. Enjoy daily hot lunch, staff events and parties throughout the summer.
- EMAIL your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org*
- CALL US in the camp office at 516-626-1094
*Visit our website at www.campjacobson.com and email your resume to us – job posting sites don’t allow email addresses in the text