We have an exciting new opportunity for a Controller at our office in Nassau County. If you are a self-motivated individual, who has the ability to take initiative, a desire to surpass expectations, and work collaboratively as part of the team then this position might be for you!
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in-partnership with the Executive Director, the responsibility for finance. He/she/they will help lead day-to-day finance operations, which includes accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. In addition to possessing strong organizational, administrative, computer, communication, and time-management skills and thriving in a fast paced ever-changing environment.
We offer a generous health and welfare benefits package, which in addition to medical, dental, and vision includes a liberal paid–time off and holiday schedule policy, retirement savings, employee and family gym memberships, free onsite parking and other employee perks to name a few.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Lead month-end close process, including journal entries, and revenue recognition.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the organizations’ financial status.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Support the Executive Director in engaging the Boards of Directors and Finance Committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Ensure accuracy and effectiveness of donor tracking and communication systems.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and all banking transactions.
- Supervise Accounting team
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of progressive finance experience
- Solid experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting
- Impeccable attention to detail and commitment to establishing and adhering to rigorous internal controls
- Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains experience
- Technology savvy; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Minimum of 6 years supervisory experience
- Experience in a complex nonprofit that has multiple programs preferred
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, boards/committees, donors, or other outside partners
- Ability to work on-site; this is not a remote position
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Please include your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations.