Camp Kehilla – Seasonal Opportunities
We are looking for bright, energetic, enthusiastic superstars to join our team this summer to assist and care for our campers in a fun and nurturing environment! Whether you are looking to add experience or you are a seasoned professional, there is a place for you at Camp Kehilla. These positions are located in Suffolk County, Long Island but trainings will take place in Nassau County, Long Island. We offer onsite parking and other perks and discounts.
- Music Specialists
- Art Specialists
- Camp Counselors
- Bus Counselors
- Head Counselors
- Group Counselors
- Vocational Counselors
- Unit Heads
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have fun! It’s contagious and when you’re having fun, the campers are having fun. Spirit and enthusiasm go a long way.
- Must love children; be empathetic and caring; provide hands-on guidance and support.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each camper, both physically and emotionally. No camper should ever be made to feel badly, unimportant or ridiculed by anyone at camp.
- Set a positive example, be a role model.
- Participate in all training activities that are provided for your skill development including our mandatory pre-camp orientation.
- Communicate with Camp Kehilla management about our campers’ experiences.
- Adapt activities, as needed, to allow active participation by our campers.
- Provide positive reinforcement or other behavioral intervention as needed.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines at Camp Kehilla.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Maturity, good morale character, and integrity.
- Must have a positive attitude and sunny/caring disposition.
- Willingness to have fun and encourage community at Camp Kehilla.
- Must pass background check.
- Must be punctual and professional.
- Demonstrate and promote enthusiasm.
- Willingness to work with special needs campers from diverse populations.
- Desire to work with children and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Experience working with children and teens.
- Experience working in a school, camp, youth program, recreational or related field setting preferred.
- Experience working with children/teens with special needs preferred.