Camp Kehilla – Part Time RN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain regular communication with camp families in regards to call camper related medical issues.
- Maintain appropriate inventory for all medical supplies.
- Administer medication to all campers.
- Review medical records for information about allergies or other medical needs.
- Communicate with Unit Heads & Camp Administration about all medical needs of campers and staff.
- Assume responsibility for all campers in your care.
- Meet individual needs of each camper.
- Set positive environment for campers and staff to ensure the mission of teaching children skills of making and keeping friends, building self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Camp Director and/or Health Director.
- Meet all requirements and regulations per Suffolk County Department of Health & American Camping Association.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director or Health Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be available to work on Tuesdays, Wednesday s, and Thursdays.
- Maturity, good morale character, and integrity.
- Must have a positive attitude and sunny/caring disposition.
- Willingness to have fun and encourage community at Camp Kehilla.
- Must pass background check.
- Must be punctual and professional.
- Demonstrate and promote enthusiasm.
- Willingness to work with special needs campers from diverse populations.
- Desire to work with children and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Experience working with children and teens.
- Experience working in a school, camp, youth program, recreational or related field setting preferred.
- Experience working with children/teens with special needs preferred.