Camp Jacobson – Counselor
- Applicants must be available to work from 8:15am-4:15pm, Mondays through Fridays, for the full camp season, June 29th – August 21st (camp closed on July 3rd)
- Incoming High School Senior and older
- Desire to work with campers ages 3-13
- Prior experience working with children is preferred
*Current CPR and First Aid certification required for counselors placed in Travel Camp
- Participate in daily activities with campers, including instructional and recreational swim periods.
- Care for and supervise campers, including identifying and meeting the needs of individual campers.
- Interact with campers – be actively engaged with campers at ALL times and at all activities including lunch, downtime, swim periods, arrival and departure.
- Work with group leader and other staff members to accomplish goals of camp.
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs including rainy day activities, special events and division programs.
- Assist with leading activities including lunch, swim, Clubs and special events.
- Attend staff meetings, pre-camp orientations, late night/overnight programs and field trips as required.
- Provide opportunities for group interaction, problem solving and decision making.
- Help campers develop positive attitudes toward cooperation, concern for others (adults and campers) and taking responsibility.
- Carry out established roles in enforcing safety regulations and in implementing emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Camp Administration.