Camp Jacobson – Shadow
- Applicants must be available to work from 8:15am-4:15pm, Mondays through Fridays, for the full camp season, June 29–August 21 (camp closed on July 3).
- Incoming High School Junior and older.
- Desire to work with camper with special needs, ages 3-13.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs is preferred.
- Care for and supervise assigned camper.
- Identify and meet the needs of assigned camper.
- Participate in activities with assigned camper and group, including instructional and recreational swim periods.
- Provide assigned camper opportunities for social interaction, problem-solving and decision making.
- Supervise all aspects of assigned camper’s day, including arrival/departure, swim periods, meal times and rest times.
- Monitor and model appropriate behaviors.
- Follow individual behavior plans.
- Break down tasks and give clear directions for all activities.
- Provide a structured, consistent and organized environment.
- Carry out established roles in enforcing camp safety regulations and implementing emergency procedures.
- Communicate regularly with Inclusion Coordinator to work on individual goals and inclusion into group functioning.
- Work with Inclusion Coordinator and other staff members to accomplish goals of camp.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director or Camp Administration.