Camp Jacobson – Lifeguard
- Applicants must be available to work from 8:15am-4:15pm, Mondays through Fridays, for the full camp season, June 29–August 21 (camp closed on July 3).
- Desire and ability to work outside all day with children.
- Experience teaching children is preferred.
- ARC Lifeguard Training (LGT) required.
- Current Nassau County Lifeguard Certification required (restricted or higher).
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR is required.
- Current Water Safety Instruction (WSI) Certification is optional but preferred.
- Supervise and guard campers during aquatics program.
- Provide surveillance during aquatics activities to help prevent and manage injuries.
- Provide rescues as needed.
- Utilize First Aid, CPR, and other emergency management services as needed.
- Instruct campers during instructional swim periods.
- Ensure that campers and staff follow safety procedures while in their program activity.
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers.
- Complete progress reports for campers in your swim groups up to 4x per summer.
- Assist in the delivery and supervision of all water activities and special events at the swimming pools.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area.
- Participate in staff orientations, training, and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by Camp Administration.