Assistant Director of Camp Jacobson
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, year-round Assistant Director of Camp Jacobson. If you are a self-motivated individual, who enjoys working with children, mentoring staff, and has a desire to surpass expectations and work collaboratively as part of the team, then this position might be for you! This position is in Nassau County (Old Westbury), Long Island.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will assist the Director in overseeing Camp Jacobson. They will be an active participant in all camp activities and will assist the Director of Camp Jacobson with a variety of daily tasks, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for the campers and a rewarding and successful culture and work experience for staff.
We offer a generous health and welfare benefits package, which in addition to medical, dental, and vision includes a liberal paid–time off and holiday schedule policy, retirement savings, employee and family gym memberships, free onsite parking, and other employee perks, to name a few.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Assist in the supervision of daily operations of camp, including administration, camper care, staff supervision, and food service
- Assist in leading the camp team in designing, delivering, and evaluating camp programs to ensure that they meet and exceed the needs and interests of the campers
- Assist in the development and execution of best practices in staff recruitment, management and development, including assisting in the design and delivery of staff orientation
- Assist in the development and implementation of recruiting strategies to attract new families to the program
- Assist with the implementation of a marketing plan to reach goals of camper enrollment
- Assist in the supervision and oversight of transportation program, including route development, development of bus programming, and supervision of Transportation Coordinator
- Assist in the supervision and oversight of the Bernice Jacobson Day School & Camp facility
- Maintain awareness, knowledge and understanding of current social trends, including Jewish camping, child development, social media, and customer service
- Assist in the representation our organization at camp fairs and conferences
- Assist in the management of camp accreditation/licensing with American Camp Association and Nassau County Department of Health
- Assist with the supervision of all year-round activities at Bernice Jacobson Day School & Camp, including ninja warrior program, rentals, and program usage by JCC programs
- Build relationships with JCC and community stakeholders
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of three years of camp management and/or supervisory experience in a camp setting
- Experience working with a variety of children between the ages of 3 and 15 years old
- Demonstrated proven experience in professional visioning, leadership, youth supervision, mentorship, and program administration
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work quickly and efficiently, and handle emergency and crisis situations
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- First Aid/CPR Certification preferred
Please send your resume and include your salary expectations.