Camp Jacobson – Archery Head Specialist
- Desire to work with campers ages 3-13; Current certification, training and experience in archery instruction; Current CPR and First Aid certification is required
- Create the curriculum for your specialty area to be approved by Camp Administration
- Develop and deliver a quality program that is appropriate for the age and abilities of the campers
- Submit a complete supply list to be approved by Camp Administration prior to ordering
- Inventory and organize your supplies prior to the start of camp
- Clean up and pack up inventory and label all supplies remaining at the end of the season.
- Submit a list of supplies to Camp Administration
- Be prepared as each group arrives and run your activity in a smooth and timely fashion. Make it fun!
- Lead the counselors and CITs with enthusiasm and make sure that staff works cooperatively with you
- Assist in other camp activities including special events, theme days, arrival and departure
- Be prepared to run and/or assist with rainy day and hot day programs
- Assist in the management and care of facilities and equipment in Archery areas
- Ensure that campers and staff know and follow safety procedures of Archery activities
- Other duties as assigned by Camp Administration
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each camper, both physically and emotionally. No camper should ever be made to feel badly, unimportant or ridiculed by anyone at camp.
- Have fun! It’s contagious and when you’re having fun, the campers are having fun. Spirit and enthusiasm go a long way.
- Act as a positive role model to campers. Conversations and language must be appropriate for campers at all times. Physical appearance should be neat and professional.
- Attend all mandatory pre-camp orientation meetings. Failure to attend meetings may result in termination or forfeiture of perfect attendance bonus.
- Provide feedback and recommend improvements to Camp Administration with regards to effectiveness of program.
- Staff is required to wear a staff shirt every day, which will be provided during pre-camp orientation.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all swim periods. Sneakers must be worn daily. Staff is expected to be interactive in the pool and on the fields.
- Any staff member suspected to be under the influence or found to be using drugs, alcohol or smoking during camp hours will be dismissed immediately.
- Cell phones are not permitted to be used on camp property during camp hours unless approved by Camp Administration.
- Camp Jacobson is both kosher and nut-free. We expect that all staff respect these policies. NO OUTSIDE FOOD IS ALLOWED IN CAMP AT ANY TIME.
- Staff are not permitted to have visitors during the camp day and are not allowed to leave camp during the day unless authorized to do so.
- Please be aware that any rumors, issues, and concerns of the campers and/or their families are strictly confidential and are not to be shared outside of camp by any staff member. Situations relevant to the camp day are not to be discussed outside of camp. Any issues must be communicated to your immediate supervisor, not to camp parents.
- Staff are expected to uphold and ensure the implementation of all Camp Jacobson policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Camp Jacobson upholds its confidentiality policy in regards to the discussion of compensation and other private subject matters. The policy prohibits any sharing of confidential information. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action.