Support the JCC
Sid Jacobson JCC continues to provide services for our community, from birth through the frail senior years, while never turning anyone away due to their inability to pay. The harsh reality of today’s world is that we all must do more. We must reach deeper for the funds to keep our programs going; those who rely on us truly have no where else to turn. It is our obligation, now more than ever, to give as much assistance as possible. Could you truly turn your back on someone in need? The JCC will not ... even when we are stretched to the limit.
Become a Player
- Sponsor or attend an event
- Bring friends
- Spread the word
- Join a committee
- Get involved
A Message From Board President Debra Buslik
We Need You To Become Involved. Your Support Is Vital In Making A Difference.
Imagine your child
- struggling to communicate their simplest needs and wants.
- sitting at home alone every afternoon because he or she doesn’t have the ability to make friends while other children are playing ball or video games together.
A new case of autism is diagnosed every 20 minutes-making it the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in America. If the pace of this disorder continues, autism could reach 4 million Americans in the next 10 years. Despite autism’s far reach, insurance companies still deny families coverage for necessary programs – costing them up to $6,000 out-of-pocket each month.
Autism is for life and there is no cure. Autism makes it painfully difficult for children to feel like an active participant in the world around them, and robs children of their ability to express themselves and to understand themselves and others.
Without community supported programs like Sid Jacobson JCC’s specialized programs for children and young adults with Autism Spectrum disorders and other developmental delays, many Long Island families would be hard-pressed to provide their child with essential therapeutic activities.
The New York Center for Autism has provided training that allows Sid Jacobson JCC staff to implement the new BOOST! program. This highly structured program teaches children and teens social and communication skills to help live in a world designed for typical people like you and me.
To make a donation, click here!
If your company has a matching gift program you may be able to increase your gift by at least 100%.
Four Simple Steps for Doubling Your Gift:
- Find out if your company has matching gifts.
- Obtain a matching gift form from your benefit office.
- Complete the donor portion and send it to the JCC.
- The JCC will complete its portion of the form and send it to your company.
If you wish to make a gift to the JCC or pay off a pledge, please notify the Development office of your intention to do so by means of a stock transfer. It is important to notify us prior to every stock transaction to ensure that you have the most current information to accurately facilitate the transfer successfully. Your notification allows us to accurately identify, designate and acknowledge your gift in a timely manner.
The JCC is committed to enriching the lives of people in our community. Partner with us and make a gift so that we can fulfill our mission -- to provide outstanding programs and services for families in all stages of their lives. The JCC is open to everyone regardless of faith or background, and no one is ever turned away for lack of ability to pay.
Join us with a gift to the annual fund or by participation in a special event.
- Let's Do LunchTM - a one-of-a-kind program, in the Lets Do ... SeriesTM, designed for individuals under the age of 60 who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease or other forms of dementia. Newly added are support services for well spouses and children of participants.
- Comprehensive Cancer Wellness Center - a full service program for cancer survivors incorporating use of our fitness center, counseling and resource center.
- Alternative School Break - an alternative vacation program for high schoolers to participate in community services in locations such as New Orleans, Argentina and Jamaica.
- Camp Kehilla Kayf - a sleepaway camp for pre-teens and teens with special needs including autism and developmental delays.
- Music, Drama & Art Therapies - uses appropriate modalities to communicate with individuals who have developmental delays, autism, speech delays, Down's syndrome, Alzheimer's and psychiatric disorders.
- Special Needs Swim - Group swimming lessons for children 5-11 years old with special needs.
We need your support... You will make a difference!
Endowments and Planned Giving
Leave A Legacy
Endowments and Naming Opportunities
By endowing a scholarship or naming a facility or program, you join with us in securing the future of the JCC and all of the people we serve. Many of our social-service programs require ongoing support. You are the Community in JCC.
Leaving a legacy for tomorrow through a bequest or estate planning enables the JCC to provide care and programs well into the future. By including a provision in your will or by creating a revocable trust you are able to ensure that the good works of Sid Jacobson JCC will continue to be available to all those who need it.
Your gift is applied to the purpose you designate while helping us guarantee the long range impact of programs. Depending on your personal situation and the assets in your contribution, the planned gift you choose may allow you to utilize an immediate charitable tax deduction or reduce your estate tax. Planned Giving options include charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, bequests and life income gifts.
For more information, contact Stuart Botwinick, Assistant Executive Director of Development at 516-484-1545, ext. 112, firstname.lastname@example.org